HUMA 289-03: Conspiracy Theories update
Hey all sorry I didn’t update immediately after my first class I’m in the process of moving and that’s been taking up a lot of time.
Anyways we’ve been in class for two days so far and the timeline for our class looks like this:
UFOs -- May 15 -18 New World Order -- May 19-20 JFK Assassination -- May 21-22 Moon Landing Hoax -- May 25-26 COVID-19 and Antivaxxers -- May 27
At the end of each unit we have to write a response paper using materials we read/watch/listen to. In between papers we talk about things by writing responses to prompts and responding to other students which has been fun seeing how schoolmates think outside of STEM centered classes.
Hereis the link to a podcast that we listened to in several parts and we read a paper I don’t have a link to as we were given a PDF scan to read. But it was called “Conspiracy theories as part of history: The role of societal crisis situation” written by Jan-Willem van Prooijen. We had to respond to the prompt:
“In thinking about our current pandemic crisis, and based on your understanding of the forces that give rise to conspiracy theories, what are the conditions that exist now that lend themselves to the development of conspiracy theories?”
After that the first prompt to UFOs was:
“With an increase in reports of UFO sightings and crash landings after WWII, we see the belief that "the government" was somehow involved becoming a prominent theme. What roles does "the government" play in UFO conspiracy theories?”
I’ll try to update after I’ve written my responses and such in class and I’ll link my response papers somehow, I’m not sure yet how but I’ll figure something out. Hope you’ll all maybe think to yourselves about the prompts and such and if you want to respond yourselves or just mull it over that’s also fun. Thanks for reading
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/glo3ie/huma_28903_conspiracy_theories_update/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen