The words conspiracy and conspire and its connection to the words I cant breathe
I just learned what the words conspire or conspiracy mean and how they relate to I cant breathe. conspire (v.)
late 14c., "aspire or plan maliciously, agree together to commit a criminal or reprehensible act," from Old French conspirer (14c.), from Latin conspirare "to agree, unite, plot," literally "to breathe together," from assimilated form of com "with, together" (see con-) + spirare "to breathe" (see spirit (n.)), perhaps on the notion of "to agree (by spoken oath) to commit a bad act." Or perhaps the notion is "to blow together" musical instruments, i.e., "to sound in unison." conspiracy (n.)
mid-14c., "a plotting of evil, unlawful design; a combination of persons for an evil purpose," from Anglo-French conspiracie, Old French conspiracie "conspiracy, plot," from Latin conspirationem (nominative conspiratio) "agreement, union, unanimity," noun of action from past-participle stem of conspirare "to agree, unite, plot," literally "to breathe together" (see conspire).
Literally when people say I can't breathe they are actually saying I cant conspire or I cant breathe together. Words often have double meanings.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/ho75m2/the_words_conspiracy_and_conspire_and_its/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen