Have you noticed how the media doesn’t report murders or kidnappings anymore?
I think it’s because those sorts of stories tend to unite people against a common enemy. Like, I remember being a kid in the UK and cases like Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, Madeline McCann and Rhys Jones causing this sense of collective outrage. I don’t remember any story being covered like that since April Jones in 2013. You mean to tell me there haven’t been any murders, kidnappings or abductions in the UK since 2013 that warrant that kind of news coverage?
I was reading about the murder of Lindsay Birbeck last night - something I would never have known about if I didn’t have enough insomnia to scroll to the bottom of the BBC News website. A woman was killed, chopped up, stuffed in a wheelie bin and buried in a cemetery by a 17 year old boy who allegedly did it for money. Even with COVID being the main narrative, this would have been the top story in every newspaper and on every website ten years ago.
Is this only a UK thing or is this an experience in other countries too?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/i9hf2g/have_you_noticed_how_the_media_doesnt_report/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen