"The numbers mason, WE NEED THE NUMBERS"

Okay, so troll post title aside, I'm finding a ridiculous amount of "trusted" sources as of late to be peddling erroneous numbers. It's quite concerning, honestly, because I feel that if this sort of thing gets far enough out of hand, literally everything becomes questionable in a way.

Two examples from my day are listening to Kamala Harris mention that "80 people die every second in the United States from Covid-19" when current death tolls are, according to Google, at 190,000 or so. Extrapolated over the 9 months since Covid-19 was first reported here in the states and you're looking at approximately 1 death every 5 minutes. In other words, 400 times the amount a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE is claiming in a speech.

Does no one find anything wrong with this?

A second example comes from a conversation I had with a rider of mine today (I'm an Uber driver). I was concerned after hearing the above information about the sort of part I could've been playing in the world of "make believe numbers" as we had spoken about politics specifically and she brought up taxation rates. I went on a bit of a rant when I found out the Democrats plan is to tax anyone making over 100k (I have not verified this personally) approximately 2% (more?) on capital gains and stated the government should raise this bar to $500k-1m for the sake of these individuals having considerably more DISPOSABLE INCOME. My reasoning being, after life expenses were taken out the $500k-1m individual could be taxed considerably more percentage wise and wouldn't even notice if they were to invest the majority of their disposable income into stocks/hedge funds/commodities/etc since annual return rates would more than cover the 2% she had sited.

I had figured some of the numbers I stated were a bit off (I said they manage "something like 10% gains compounded monthly at most hedge funds") and wanted to research this info so I would know if I was wrong or not (and if I was be able to correctly site these numbers as I often speak politics with my riders and taxe rates are a important part of politics for most people). Sure enough, my Google search was greeted with a ton of ridiculous sounding info that was all over the place. Some sites were stating hedge funds managed 30%+ gains, others stated they often lagged behind the S&P 500 (is this real life? People pay hedge funds to invest when they could earn more to just invest in a public list of 500 companies?). A quora post actually had a self proclaimed head of a hedge fund mention his own fund that he manages lagged behind the S&P 500.

At this point, I'm questioning a lot. I always have to an extent but this sort of thing is actually getting annoying to me. I get triggered by a presidential candidate, who is likely getting paid tons of money and wishes to gain the votes of millions so she can run the most powerful country in the world btw, spewing numbers that are 400x off the estimates I came up with from verifiable sources on the internet and I don't know what to believe. It's legitimately seeming like people just make shit up for the purpose of their argument and quite frankly, stuff like this can make someone like myself who routinely suffers from delusions and maintains his normal lifestyle without the help of the medical sector or prescription drugs (or illicit ones for that matter) start to "go down the rabbit hole" so to speak.

Once someone like myself starts questioning things that are at the levels of society as high as multibillion dollar hedge funds, the government and those who are the face of it, and the medical industry who is reporting these covid-19 numbers (at least I'd assume they're the source of the numbers, who's job is it to count the total dead from a specific disease in a country?), you can imagine that they might end up thinking some fairly scary delusional thoughts.

I'd like to disclaim here, I'm fine and continuously cope with the symptoms of my various issues just fine and will continue to, as far as I can imagine. The thing is, there are plenty of "healthy" individuals in this world that have never suffered from the sorts of issues that I have and if they end up being exposed to a significant number of such incidences of inaccurate representation of information like I just described, they could have a bit of a runaway effect in their mind that causes them to suffer from their first psychotic break. This, from my experience, sucks a lot. The first time entering a mental health institution was pretty terrible for me as I had never really dealt with such things before. That said, all 3 of my stints were pretty terrible but this is something of an unnecessary factor because #2 and #3 were against my will (the first was self adminstered and was incredibly jarring).

All in all, I think most people would like to avoid such things and I'm posting this here because I feel it is a bit of a true to life conspiracy theory. How can nobody call these government officials out for playing games with our minds? It's ridiculous. I've dealt with delusions for years and have so many, that a few months ago I actually put together a 21 page (in normal arial, size 12 front btw) description of my delusions. Shortly after, I decided to delete the paper because I realized that ever allowing someone to read such a thing would be a psychological death sentence for someone who wasn't prepared to cope with such things.

OUR GOVERNMENT (if you live in the US) is doing this in such an erroneously obvious way that it MUST be called out by someone other than myself. By stating numbers that make absolutely no sense in a literal and direct way, they are predisposing anyone who pays any attention to them to a manifestation of delusional thought known as apophenia.

It needs to stop. I'm not sure what more I can do than state what is obvious to me here. Going to a mental health professional with such information is something I've tried to do in the past and they called it schizophrenia. I'm not getting forced into medication I don't need because Kamala Harris wants to spew some bullshit that's 400x off the numbers that Google is citing. I trust Google but plenty of sources they cite are ending up tainted as far as I can tell and it's getting to the point where I don't know what information to trust anymore.

This is the runaway effect I'm talking about, if left unchecked I'll be questioning whether my clock is lying to me and setting up sundails sooner or later. (I won't be doing this, I'm just exaggerating for the purpose of providing this post with the sort of analog that describes how delusional thoughts of this nature COULD manifest.

Have a great night/day. Stay safe and I hope anyone who sees what I'm talking about can manage themselves well enough to not fall for this mental trap that is clearly being played by individuals who are supposedly in a position to lead a country to thrive and prosper.

submitted by /u/gniguhcraig
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/ipvmt4/the_numbers_mason_we_need_the_numbers/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die