Racism in America
There is definitely racism in America. Black people are definitely viewed differently. But is it our fault?
I believe, and my opinion (Which I hope can be changed) is the African American community GIVES themself this negative stereotype that causes cops to brutalize them, and general Americans to view them as different.
There are obviously lots of things that contribute to this stereotype. But one very large factor I don’t see anybody talk about is, today’s music.
Hip hop and rap and our music culture today in general is largely dominated by African Americans. Take a look at the hottest rappers of 2020, here Notice how most are Black?
And if you listen to most of the songs by these Black people, all they talk about is gang life, shooting people, killing people, selling drugs, abusing and mistreating women. Naturally when people listen to this music by all of these African American men, they’re going to develop a NATURAL stereotype?
I support Black Lives Matter, but not BLM the organization. They don’t take into account the hundreds of factors for their police brutality situations. I’m sure if hip hop was dominated by, lets say Asian people rapping about all of the things Black people do, Asian people would be in the same shoes as African Americans today, in this scenario let’s just switch them out.
I believe Black people give themself a stereotype causing people to be racist toward them. Obviously there are racists who just hate them for no reason, but for the most part I believe this is what happens.
I am a free thinker, unlike MOST people around me who jumped on the BLM bandwagon. It seemed like we were doing just fine before the BLM organization blew up, our progress seemed to have decreased in society.
Racism is a social construct, made up by society. We are all born naturally viewing each other as equal. By BLM pushing “everyone hates black people” wouldn’t Black people NATURALLY be viewed differently?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/j71pl9/racism_in_america/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen