Obama may have been born in Kenya

Conspiracy theories intrigue me. When I hear an "absurd" one (e.g. 9/11 was an inside job, the Holocaust didn't happen, Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, etc) I do fairly deep research to understand the issue. Most of the time the conspiracy collapses quickly, and tearing it apart is entertaining to me. That being said...

The Birther movement was not without merit. I won't go into all of the details here, but they at the very least deserve consideration. The problem is that the "Birthers" consisted of a large cross-section of people, many of them being low-information voters with an obvious political agenda (of not wanting Obama to be President because he's a black Islamic lizard-person or whatever), which made it very easy to find ignorant/racist morons to be propped up as "the face" of the movement. Anyone who questioned Obama's birthplace could easily be silenced as a racist.

Forget Obama's own book listing his birthplace as Kenya; forget his grandmother proclaiming he was born in Kenya; forget him spending months and months (and millions of dollars in legal defense) trying to avoid questions about his birth certificate, or even the sketchy documents that eventually surfaced. These issues can be explained and interpreted as either "rock solid proof" or "irrelevant noise" depending on your politics. What I always thought was the most obvious way to prove Obama's birthplace was a physical copy of the birth announcement in the Hawaii newspaper. THAT would be incontrovertible proof which (I hope) no person could doubt...right?

So how do we find this? Microfiche. A decade ago, a few Birthers went to their local libraries to pull up those microfiche copies of his birth announcement, and there it was! Case closed, I thought at the time, and I went on to investigate the next silly conspiracy theory...

HOWEVER...it was then pointed out that the microfiche reel containing Obama's birth announcement didn't look like the others from that time period. A paranoid person could conclude, or at least suspect, that the President of the US would easily have enough power and influence to alter historical records in this manner, especially if a large portion of the country was motivated to assist him. I intended to look into this personally if and when I visited one of the few continental cities that contained copies of the Hawaii paper but...those microfiches no longer exist at all. Apparently, the only copies are in Hawaii now...which is curious to me. So now what**?

Well...I don't know. But what I DO know is that this issue is not as clear-cut as the media wanted us to believe. What is my personal opinion? I'm undecided. Barack Obama was a rising star who achieved an important political milestone for America, so it's not impossible to believe that there was an enormous motivation to keep this "secret" a secret.

​

**Obviously the PHYSICAL COPY of the Aug 31, 1961 Honolulu Advisor would resolve this problem.

submitted by /u/A7omicDog
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/lafpyw/obama_may_have_been_born_in_kenya/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die