Spotify and music services have more control over your music than you think!

At first not gonna lie I felt like a lot of theories on this sub were exaggerated regarding tech and streaming service companies until now, but I think some people are onto something here

So basically this all happened 2 months ago, I am predominantly a metal head and hip-hop head but I also like to listen to various other genres as well, so I use a service called jiosaavn it is a music service that is very popular in my country, anyways I downloaded many albums of slipknot and various Indian rappers like KR$NA,Raga etc on the jiosaavn app, after 2 hours I get a notification from spotify recommending these same musicians, mind you I have not opened spotify for quite a bit of time and haven't streamed music on my device at all I just downloaded the music, I shrugged it off as a coincidence and I moved on,Two days Later I was listening to another band called three days grace on jiosaavn, now instead of downloading music on jiosaavn, I used another app called Videoder, which is an application which let's you download audio and video from YouTube, again after a few hours I get a notification from spotify, not only recommending three days grace but making a neat playlist of all the songs that I downloaded, now I was a bit scared I decided to again shrug it off again like a dumbass, until today where I was listening to an artist named muhfaad, now I decided that I'm not streaming on spotify or jiosaavn instead I directly went on videoder(song downloader) and downloaded majority of his music, and I start listening to it, after 3 hours I see a notification from spotify recommending me Muhfaad's music and his biography

Thoughts on this? and please share if something similar has happened with you as well, and just as a side note all the music that I streamed on jiosaavn was downloaded first and streamed later offline

submitted by /u/prathamesh_28ftw
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/lmrbr6/spotify_and_music_services_have_more_control_over/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die