Mass Shootings

I’m trying to wrap my head around and make sense of information being shared by the media.

  • During the pandemic, I don’t recall hearing news about a single mass shooting. I mentioned this to friends and their response was “well, with people staying at home, there aren’t any opportunities to commit a mass shooting.” I found this odd as A) I still ran across groups of people during the pandemic (big box retailers, etc.) and B) I imagine more people would’ve been on edge during the past year.

-In the past week or so, there’s been 2 mass shootings. Almost like the moment we began receiving good vaccine news, the mass shootings started again.

So, I decided to do some research on mass shooting numbers for 2020 vs. previous years.

-A USA Today article is stating that mass shootings surged 47% in 2020 vs. 2019 with 611 mass shootings resulting in 513 deaths and 2,543 injuries.

AND YET

-CNN states today that during 2020, because of lockdown, mass shootings weren’t as much of an issue and with widespread vaccines rolling out, we’re beginning to see these mass shooting events again 👀

So which is it? I honestly do not recall any major news about mass shootings in 2020 but a 47% increase is HUGE. Why weren’t these statistics making national headlines? Furthermore, as of today - CNN seemingly isn’t aware that 2020 was our worst year yet for mass shootings? I’m just confused 🤨

USA Today article

submitted by /u/bmwXXXsix
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/mb172g/mass_shootings/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die