"Dear young people, don't vote" Social media script/stage viral posts and content theory. (Personal experience)
I want to clear some points first:
-
I am not a trump supporter, I am mexican as a matter of fact.
-
I don't really care about politics, I care even less about United States politics.
-
Even tho I experienced this with a politics related post I am not saying that this can't apply to any other viral thing in social media.
-
I flaired this as "Media" because how I said, I am not saying that this only apply to politics. I can actually even remember happening with other types of post.
To get in context I am an average guy who used to regularly consume social media. I obviously consume content in English language also, this leads to adds appearing in my feed about things happening in United States. Also maybe the fact that I live in the northern border of Mexico could be the reason.
So, a couple of months back (probably during elections time) I was scrolling on facebook and a video ad Named "Dear young people, don't vote" from some type of page like Nail or something like that appeared. It was an video about who will old people vote for. At this point we all are well aware about how influencial social media can be, however I thought it was an interesting idea for a add. The whole video was a satire about how old people are basically egotistical and braindead and will never logically analyze anything and just act like as a dumb crowd voting for Trump.
If You don't want to watch the video here is a brief explanation: The catching part of the video is the actors ( it was a anti-Trump campaign) seeing directly to the camera and saying things like "We don't care about younger generations", "We are many (refering to old people) and we all will vote for Trump", "He will win beacuse nowadays, only elders care for voting".
The video was posted in 2018 and probably reuploded in 2020. As well as a 2 part released in 2020.
The weird part of all this is I can clearly remember that the same Original video was posted BEFORE Trump won the elections back in 2016 and had the EXACT SAME COMENTS, from the exact same profiles with the same amount of likes. I know this because one of the most liked coments was from a lady who said something like "This video offends me because I would never vote for Trump, Bernie all the way!" And I Saw the exact same coment in the 2020 video but instead of Bernie it was "... Biden all the way!". Even tho Bernie did not represented the democrats the 2016 elections. I can not find any proof from this video being uploaded before 2018. How I said I clearly remember everything happening in 2016 and freaked me out seeing the exact same happening in 2020, and no comment in the post said anything about it.
How I said, I can barely remember the same things happening with other viral content, a post that I remember seeing before but faking that it was never posted before the difference is that this is the only post that I could clearly noticed at first.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracytheories/comments/nbtegx/dear_young_people_dont_vote_social_media/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen