I’d like to talk about the “crazy” theories for a moment.
Many of you are here because you recently watched the 60 Minutes episode indicating that the government is actually taking UFOs very seriously. I’m sure you came to this subreddit hoping to learn more, and I’m seeing a lot of comments to the effect of “you people are fucking nuts.” I encourage you to hold that thought for a moment.
Many of the people in this sub are here because they had their own UFO sighting. Doing that changes people, because it completely challenges their worldview. Seeing one in the wild makes it clear that they’re very real, and that UFOs are unlike anything they’ve ever seen. They are clearly not rational objects.
There’s a whole other group of people who typically go by the rubric of “Experiencers.” These are people who’ve often had more than just a distant sighting. Think Close Encounters. Think Fire in the Sky. Think Communion. For these people their worldview isn’t just challenged, it’s shattered, and they very often struggle to pick up the pieces. They often lose their job, their marriage, and any sense of normalcy they once had.
I’m a member of a support group for Experiencers, and it’s kind of like Fight Club in the sense that we don’t talk about other people’s experiences. Even within the group people are reluctant to share because what they experienced is so far outside of anything we understand it is often impossible to put into words, and there’s been such a horrible stigma over the years.
Experiencers have been the subject of study for decades. Many theories about what is happening have been made, but what I want to highlight is that pretty much all of the researchers agree that Experiencers are not crazy. They struggle to deal with what they experienced, but they typically have lower rates of mental illness than the population at large. Something is happening, and UFOs are absolutely involved.
I’m not going to tell you I have the answers, because I don’t. Whatever the underlying cause, the nature of the experiences is basically a dream—or nightmare—made real. That’s it in a nutshell. That’s why many researchers and Experiencers themselves suspect that what is happening is part of the larger fundamental question in science about what the true nature of consciousness is.
I know some people’s theories you read here are hard to grapple with, but let’s please keep the accusations of “crazy” to a minimum, because I promise you that whatever you think sounds preposterous now is gonna sound sane once we really start to sort this all out. Thank you.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/netc6x/id_like_to_talk_about_the_crazy_theories_for_a/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen