Ignorance is Bliss

I’m reminded of a scene from Close Encounters where Terri Garr’s character refuses to believe anything strange is going on, despite clear evidence. “It’s just one of those things”, she responds, when her husband asks, “which things?” There’s a moment when she even removes an article in the paper describing strange lights in the sky so her husband won’t see it.

I think this attitude very clearly represents the camp that most people fall into; a mindstate of denial.

People would rather consciously choose ignorance over acknowledging something like this, because for this thing to be true, their model of the world would have to change.

And most people simply aren’t prepared to do that.

I tried to have a sit down with my very traditional family this weekend to discuss this phenomena, and they completely brushed it off. I’m a 14 year USAF pilot and they laughed in my face.

I’m not judging them, because that’s inconsiderate. People have every right to live as they choose on this planet, and if your world is going good then that’s great. [one might argue that’s what life is about as long as anything foreign to that doesn’t interfere.]

People don’t just want to believe, they want to be right. I have friends who if you showed them alien ships positioned at every shoreline on earth, would say it’s computer generated and go back to eating their lunch. There have been people on their deathbed from Covid who to the end still say it’s a hoax.

This societal outlook, for the most part, is unlikely to change/ even if the evidence is undeniable because continuously countering anything outside your own paradigm gives you a perfect argument. It’s a coping mechanism.

submitted by /u/readian
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/nk7hn9/ignorance_is_bliss/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die