My UAP sighting. Britain, 1997. Seen by six people.
I’ve debated writing this for a long time. For the same reasons as most- it’s so odd an experience that you don’t think anyone else will be able to relate to it. I’m not part of the whole UFO scene, I regard the vast majority of sightings as easily explicable, I’m not into calling balloons and bats spaceships. I’m also quite cynical about the current round of media reports and the direction they’re heading. In short, until I see compelling proof of what these things are I’m open to any explanation.
Intro over, here’s what happened:
At about 2am six of us were doing what we normally did when insomnia hit - playing pool in the games room at our university dorm. MTV was on endless repeats, someone was on the pinball machine...the usual stuff. At some point we decided to pull another “all-nighter” - stay up till seminars started then go to class.
Around 3am we were all sat talking crap in the large TV room. I distinctly remember that MTV had a song on called Drinking In LA (https://youtu.be/OQsQZvsR_QI) which brings me straight back to that moment whenever I hear it. Good times. The row of large glass doors to our left mostly had the curtains pulled shut but the one near me was open. Between all the conversations and joking I kept noticing a large white light which I thought was probably the moon behind clouds. So I just ignored it. Then when I glanced back again (about ten mins later) I could see it was actually moving.
“Guys....what the fuck is that thing over there?” I asked, increasingly concerned I was losing my mind.
Someone muted the tv and we all got up and went to look at it. The reaction was instantaneous shock. This thing was moving back and forth across the sky at impossible speeds and coming to a dead stop each time. The area it was flying over is an isolated rural military testing ground. I’d estimate, given the distance of about 30 miles, that this thing was covering a stretch of around five miles almost instantaneously. There’s absolutely no way a military craft could travel five miles in the blink of an eye then come to an instant halt.
Now, I don’t expect you to believe any of this, but things got weirder just as we thought it was about to end.
It hovered for a moment then what I can only describe as faint beams of light started shooting out of the bottom. Yes I do know how ridiculous that sounds. At which point we were of course completely mesmerised. And then it split entirely in half- two flat pieces one hovering above the other. The bottom half vanished across the entire length of the visible night sky and we all freaked out at that point. Someone ran to wake up his roommate and he too saw the last part of it- the top half doing several more darting manoeuvres then it too just vanished. I guess that makes the last guy the seventh person to witness it.
- No, none of us was high or drinking (had classes in a few hours)
- No it wasn’t the moon.
- No it wasn’t an artillery drill.
- Yes we all saw exactly the same thing.
I’ve spent the past 20+ years wondering what the hell we saw, and had at least a handful of nightmares/odd dreams about it over those two decades. I guess the feeling at the time was a good split between astonishment and outright fear. It wasn’t what I would call “enjoyable” at all.
Even writing about it makes me sit back feeling perplexed about it all. Life goes on and you put it to the back of your mind, but every few years it pops up again. I went into investment banking after university and tried to forget about the whole thing. One of the guys became an army officer, at least two became government scientists. None of us would be considered mentally or emotionally unsound.
I’ve told very few of my friends or relatives about it but when I have discussed it they’ve taken it seriously, probably on the basis that they know I’m a very grounded individual.
I once read an account of someone else’s sighting which was very similar to ours but I’m unsure where I saw it.
So there you are- my UAP. I make no claims as to what it was other than that nothing in existence could achieve the speeds it travelled at while coming to a dead halt. And that’s as much as I can say.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/nnw3m4/my_uap_sighting_britain_1997_seen_by_six_people/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen