A first hand account of Roswell + another incident that has never been told

With stories, I know there is always a lack of "proof" that tends to lend a lot of skepticism, and rightly so. But I wanted to tell you my Roswell (+Nevada) story here. I am happy to verify the details of this story that I can with a MOD if necessary (Geography, Family History, etc)

Anyhow - on with the story...

I was born in central New Mexico in the early 80s. For a time I lived right outside of Roswell in a town called Artesia, and various other cities around NM (some very small ones I won't name, just to keep some anonymity).

I come from a large family, most of whom at the time lived in and around NM. In the late 1940s, my Uncle "J" was a radar technician stationed out of Nellis. My understanding is that radar at that time was still pretty new, and that the Air Force was actually part of the Army (Army Air Services or something). He had some engineering experience before joining the military. I don't know the details of that.

Anyhow, one night he got a call from his supervisor telling him that he couldn't get a response from the radar station on the north end of the base. The call had woken him so he hurried to get dressed and drive up to the installation.

When he arrived, the station had no one in it - which I understand was unexpected. When he went inside he found that the radar systems were offline. He started searching for problems before realizing that it had simply been shut down. He said there were actually multiple "stations" in the same facility, but the main radar was what had been turned off.

He brought the system back online and immediately noticed that something was wrong. There was a return on the radar, but it would show up on one side of the screen, then re-appear on the other. He said that due to the rotation time of the radar, it was normal to see aircraft "jump" - but not those distances. Covering 20-30 miles in just a few seconds, and then back to the other end of the base on the next radar "turn".

He thought the system was malfunctioning, and called the base commander (this was apparently a big deal) and told him that the radar was malfunctioning and that it was showing a hit on the screen, but it was moving all over the radar area, way faster than any of their aircraft. The base commander told him to hold on, and then a few minutes later came back to the phone. He simply said "I need you to turn the radar off, go back to bed and never speak of this again".

Now understand, this conversation happened 20 years ago, before he passed, and I really wish I had paid more attention and remembered details. He had a nickname for the radar but I can't recall it (seems like it was skipper, or scutter). He would later go on to fight in the Korean war. He was captured and was held as a POW for almost a year. He eventually learned to speak Korean, and was able to escape and make his way to an American convoy, who almost shot him not even recognizing he was an American. He never would talk about Korea much, but he did enjoy talking about his time in the service before the war.

Anyhow - a few years after that radar incident was the Roswell crash. In 1947, he was stationed at Holloman and was no longer a radar technician, but was involved with Aircraft directly. I think this was shortly before the Air Force was created.

At Holloman, they received the call that a "flying saucer" had crashed near and they were told to be on standby. The crash site was not actually in Roswell, but in between Roswell and Albuquerque He was not part of the initial crew onsite, but did assist with the clean up in the days after. He said their orders were to "Not leave one iota of debris on that ranch".

The debris was actually loaded onto trucks and was driven to wherever it is they took it - he did not know. I believe, based on his story that the crash debris was actually stored locally for at least a day. My grandma at the time was living in a small town named Clovis and said she was outside with her kids when the initial debris was driven through town. There were small crowds wanting to see the wreckage. Initially it was not covered by tarps, and took several trucks. Sometime later, the debris was retrieved from a nearby hangar, and this time it was covered with tarps when they moved it. I have no idea why they would have driven through Clovis, but I am 90% sure I am remembering the town name right.

The one interesting thing to me is that he told me on the first day of the crash, the mood was curious and relaxed. That everyone was speculating about the crash, but in the days that followed they were told to stop talking about it. That it was only a weather balloon and that they needed to quit worrying about it and do their jobs. He also told me that there were other crashes, but they were never talked about as much and his base wasn't involved.

I wish either of them were alive to discuss this with now. I wasn't interested in that sort of thing at the time - but man I'd pick their brain now! I do know that my uncle was a very honorable, honest man and I do believe the stories as they were told to me. Hopefully I did them a service by sharing them here.

submitted by /u/BucketsofDickFat
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/oaixjz/a_first_hand_account_of_roswell_another_incident/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die