I would rather have skeptics than people who believe anything

Open-minded but realistic skeptics of course. I spend a lot of time on here and on r/aliens since the start of this whole UFO disclosure wave. One thing that I can definitely say is that this sub is far better than r/aliens as far as getting real information. Sure some dumb stuff pops up, but over there it gets pretty bad.

Skepticism at least opens the discussion up to other possibilities or explanations for things that you didn’t think of before. It at least puts some ideas on the table, whether good or bad. Some are close minded, but it does no harm to the overall credibility of the sub. It just makes a person look stupid.

Believing everything on the other hand has literally no positive outcome. For example, from the day I saw the throwawayalien post I knew it was bullshit. The guy got lucky with the relative closeness of the dates and thats it. People are so focused on the date that they ignore the hole filled story. There are still thousands of people who believe it and will argue that it is real. Do you know how stupid that makes your community look? When a person with new interest in UFOs and aliens comes to the sub and sees a large portion of people taking that dumb story seriously. Didn’t you learn your lesson when that one account that said they were an alien and had pictures of the dinosaurs and historical events SHOCKINGLY turned out to be a college kid doing a stupid school project?

I mean holy shit. Get it together people.

submitted by /u/tsaff41
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/o0ngg7/i_would_rather_have_skeptics_than_people_who/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die