Regardless of whether aliens are here or not, I'd like to thank the UFO/ETI community for inadvertently helping me overcome my phobia of aliens.
(I specifically say phobia, not fear, because I think the latter is reasonable, considering we don't know much about their hostility yet, assuming they are here.)
A month ago, I couldn't even glance at a silly cartoon depiction of a Grey alien without tearing up or practically throwing my phone across the room. I'm not exaggerating. There were times when I'd want to watch alien-related videos on YouTube but couldn't because the thumbnails often had drawings of aliens and it scared the hell out of me. Kind of like when you're reading an article about spiders and all of a sudden a picture of one pops up in the middle of the article. But much worse.
I grew up watching alien horror movies (often featuring the 8ft tall Greys) when I was way too young to be watching them, and it f'ed me up good. After one particular movie, I slept in my brother's or my parents' room for months straight. I'm 19 now, but those fears stayed with me as I grew up.
I don't remember how I stumbled upon this community recently, but soon afterward, I started reading theories and watching things like "Unidentified." What helped ease me in was the fact that none of this included actual photos of aliens. Thank god. Then a week ago I came across 'Skinny Bob' (lol). I know I sound dramatic, but a month ago I would've cracked my phone screen by throwing it against my bedroom wall if I had come across him then. I wouldn't be able to sleep. Instead, though, my reaction was "Hell, that's kinda cute. He's wearing a frickin turtleneck!"
I know Skinny Bob is an animation or whatever, but I'm writing about him to make a point. Drawings/pictures/whatever of aliens were one of my greatest phobias, but now they aren't! Thanks to you all.
Anyone else have a similar story?
Edit: Let me know if this post breaks the sub rules. I know it's not really about UFOs but this is the main UFO/ETI sub I'm a part of.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/nyic8s/regardless_of_whether_aliens_are_here_or_not_id/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen