Wondering if any other veterans also saw weird things on their deployments

I haven’t really thought about this incident in a long time. Basically until I got into this subreddit (along with a few of the other related ones). This could have just been my mind playing tricks on me, but I guess with everything going on I wanted to share this experience and see if any other veterans experienced something similar.

I was deployed to Iraq back in 2009 and was sent to an outpost about 40 miles directly south of Baghdad. Fast forward to April of 2010, a month in which my base was being attacked a bit more than usual.

One night towards the end of April, or maybe early May, I was walking back to my CHU as my shift was over. I noticed what appeared to be a fairly bright white light in the sky that seemed to be streaking directly towards me. Instinctively I dove to the ground and braced for impact…which never came.

Thinking I was stupid and had reacted poorly to a “shooting star” (asteroid/meteor?) I got up and continued walking. A little bit up the road I ran into another guy in my company and started telling him about how a shooting star made me puss out and dive to the ground. He started laughing and then said he had seen the same thing and reacted in the exact same way.

We went around and asked if anybody else had also seen it and nobody apparently had. So we both just kind of laughed it off as us being soft after the recent round of attacks and then we never spoke of it again. (I’m still connected to this person via social media and am tempted to reach out to ask if he remembers this)

In hindsight, and maybe after spending too much time in these subreddits, it seems weird that a “shooting star” would cause that much fear not just in me, but in both of us to where we dove to the ground.

Now I’m wondering if maybe what we saw was a UFO that was toying around with us. Or just zooming around near our outpost. We had been getting attacked more than usual and we know they have been noticed around human conflict. It seemed way closer than what I’ve seen in the sky and have thought of as “shooting stars”. I dunno, maybe it was just our imaginations. Was probably nothing but this is the closest thing to a UFO encounter I’ve ever had.

Edit: Someone pointed out below that I may have seen a bolide. I’ll leave this up for the discussion.

submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_BYOOB
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/nxqihr/wondering_if_any_other_veterans_also_saw_weird/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die