[EMF] I wonder if this is a good place for my WiFi antennas...

Last summer I moved my desk when I started working from for half of my shifts. Basically, I wanted more natural light... I didn't want my desk to be in a dark corner, or out to view from the sky... I like looking at the clouds sometimes. Heck, I even use a small telescope to observe interesting cloud formations that I occasionally photograph on my computer. Anyway, the desk is in a weird spot... the back of my chair faces one window and the right side of my desk allows me to look out another window.

WiFi antenna: picture 1

The way my bed and desk is positioned; the top of my bead (pillow-end) is immediately to the left of my desk where my computer is currently located. I usually keep it on the floor but I'm currently tweaking the shit out of it after doing major upgrades (i9-9900k, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD's, and even a little RAID-0 action in there for insanity good measure. Oh I forgot, to mention the GPU.... nothing major. Just two little graphics cards -- an 8GB GeForce 1070 and a 6gig 2060.

The wifi antennas are basically 2-feet away from my head and about 1-2ft above. The way these type of antennas work is as follow: when the "stick" is pointing straight up, the signal fans-out horizontally. Mostly horizontal. It does sort of fan-out at a 40-degree angle. You can adjust the aim and at present, the aim is basically such that the wifi signal is passing straight through my head.

Maybe this is a non-issue because I'm not "close enough" or because the amplitude isn't very high (measured in milliwatts, plus it's "non-ionizing" radiation).

I do plan to connect the machine to a CAT-5e cable (it don't need to be CAT-6 if you have quality solid copper strands as opposed to copper-clad aluminum) but I have so many cables on my floor right now, I rather wait. I plan to de-tangle existing cables. Neaten- them up, and then rearrange some furniture. After that, I will then connect that CAT-5e cable.

All things considered, this WiFi card that came with the motherboard has been phenomenal, no BS. Now that could be because the access point is on the wall in the room below my bed room, but either way, a wired connection will still be faster. I tend to access networked storage a lot such as when I process my astrophotography and when I edit video. Still, for now it is wireless, and there is an antenna that is relaying a signal through my head. Should I care?

tl;dr: My WiFi antenna is pretty close to my head when I sleep. Here's picture from a gallery.

I want to hear other people's thoughts on this. We have a pretty good variety of thinkers here. We got pro-maskers, and anti-maskers, we got anti coof vax (but still pro-tetanus), and we got a mix of people who argue. Sure, it can be annoying when everyone doesn't agree with you but hey at least we don't have a perfect echo-chamber.

If I had to guess, I'd say that some people would say it's not dangerous and it has no effect. Others might say the opposite, and I want to know why.. I'll take any buzzword or keyword that I can use to conduct follow-up research but of course if you've done it already, please don't hold back.

submitted by /u/djronnieg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/oicgj5/emf_i_wonder_if_this_is_a_good_place_for_my_wifi/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die