I just re-watched Arrival (2016) and I have a new appreciation on disclosure
A bit of a long one here, but it might spark some thought. (possible minor movie spoilers)
TLDR; I watched Arrival for the second time since it was released in 2016 and it opened my eyes to what could potentially happen if humanity were to find out if Aliens existed, without a shadow of a doubt. With the government documents, the confirmed military sightings, everything that official people (Lue, Mellon etc.) have been saying recently and the importance of protecting any information we have so it doesn't reveal our cards (so to speak)... it just resonated differently.
---
Firstly, if you haven't seen it, go and watch it! I think it's a good movie with a non-typical story. It doesn't focus on war, but communication. It's quite interesting to think how would we communicate in a situation where we come face to face.
----
The first 30 mins of the movie is what really made me reflect on recent events and the on-going discussion of disclosure and how it's handled.
In terms of disclosure, there's two groups:
- Release all the information, humanity is ready.
- Don't tell.. (but now) drip feed humanity information, we can't handle it (all at once).
Then there's this 3rd sub discussion of 'what would have to happen for everyone to believe?'
- Aliens landing on the lawn of the whitehouse
- Mass global sightings
- Fully declassified documents, all the documents
- Clear 4k video of a UAP/UFO and/or an Alien
I've firmly been in group #1 for the longest time (I still kind of am) and I'm sure most people would be. I mean, we all want to know right?
I also believe a mass global slighting might be the only way everyone would believe and would cancel out CGI, Chinese lanterns, swamp gas, airplanes, drones, paper bags, ball lightning theories.
But I've never understood group #2 when they warn of Riots, Chaos and then potential of a big collapse. I've always thought we can handle the information
After watching Arrival, the first 30 mins (and some sections throughout later on) made me pause and think. In the movie, we have a global sighting. There's no denial and it's just assumed everyone on Earth is now aware Aliens are real.
While the Army and Government are working busily to try and get a hold on it all, Humans are just going bonkers on the streets. Looting, fires, mass suicides and just general chaos.
All of the Worlds nations/leaders are working together to figure out what's happening. They begin sharing information but as time goes on, some nations learn more information than others and they go from being inquisitive to an aggressive stance. This causes other nations to panic and question their stance, then they start going dark, one by one.
Amongst this, you have soldiers doing their job and on their down time, watching the news, listening to commentators etc, and some of them start getting an idea about their government being weak and not retaliating so an idea seeds itself within the ranks to take it into their own hands and go rogue.
There's multiple layers going on within the movie and this post is already far too long.
I guess my take away from it is, that I kind of understand the drip feed mentality now. At least, an insight as to what could transpire. It's a movie, yes, but it's also eerily telling because we've had these events happen, just differently. We've had riots and we know what they look like. We've had countries on the brink of war with Generals hovering over big red launch buttons. We've had Rogue agents/personnel.
I've always just looked at receiving disclosure on Alien life from my perspective because I'm ready, but not everyone is. It could certainly blow up in our faces if it's not handled delicately. I still want to know everything now of course and it's frustrating, but I think I appreciate the overall gravity of it.
The last paragraph probably summed up the whole post really.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/oiczrb/i_just_rewatched_arrival_2016_and_i_have_a_new/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen