Let's talk: Banning known hoaxers.

We have... a lot going on here. Regardless of how you feel about aliens, ufos, usos, etc.. some big news, and big support has come out from sources we're used to shunning and gaslighting our belief in UFO's being here.

It is my belief that we're trying to keep a community that's open, and accepting of UFO, UAP. Etc... We're here to discuss, share, and evolve the conversation as it moves forward through time.

However, we have people coming to this sub reddit, posting fakes. It's distracting, and in my opinion only hurts our cause, and is a slap across the bow for those waiting for confirmation. Confirmation means many things to many people, but I suspect... at least partially, that's why some people are here.

I suggest.. that we begin banning people openly proposing they them selves have captured, or a family member / friend of their captured a video and the community has deemed it an absolute fake. There is a short mental list of imagery I can think of as examples, but can't pull the names or incidents at the moment, but I'm sure a few stick out to everyone here.

I know especially in this realm it's treacherous. I know the video we're all waiting for, WILL seem fake, precisely because it's doing things we simply cannot reconcile, and will present it's self as CGI. I understand that. I suspect though that we'll recover if we do ban someone posting what is considered actual mind blowing evidence of a UFO.

I'm also not suggesting we ban people who can't tell a mylar #1 or #0 balloon from 1000 yards away, seen through a tiny lensed cell phone attempting to focus and post process it's ass off - isn't a UFO (not in the definition we're here to discover).

What I'm suggesting is, when people come with shocking footage, and it turns out to be fake - they claim to have taken it or someone they know took it, we consider that a bad faith contribution, and should be taken down.

I don't know how often this happens. I know reddit accounts are free. Perhaps a completely shit idea (In no way trying to censor). I'm merely suggesting... perhaps.. there be a repercussion for openly lying, or faking evidence to the effect that they've seen a UFO.

Also perhaps it's fun, and a wild ride to debunk and play detective and this is a terrible idea I'm proposing and I'll promptly ride off into the sunset and go fuck my self :D. I simply care about this subject, and want to discuss ways of keeping the conversation going is all.

​

Edit: Rather than delete this, I'll keep it open for discussion. I agree, it's probably a bad idea, and no one wants to ban or be banned. My intention was from a place is trying to pare off some of the bad faith posts we get. But the mods do a bang up job and I shouldn't be trying to act like one, nor do I have any interest in censoring anyone or gatekeeping. Thanks everyone.

submitted by /u/_0x29a
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/oovv30/lets_talk_banning_known_hoaxers/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die