My Family's UFO story

Let me preface this story firstly by mentioning that I have never took UFOs seriously until about a year ago.

Like some of the people that are on this sub, I have fairly recently become more interested with the topic do to stories that were featured in the New York Times article about the Nimitz incident, or programs like the one on 60 minutes, but that still wasn't enough to sway my opinion on the topic to much either way, I just found it all intriguing.

However, not to long ago, a childhood friend and I were talking on the phone about the subject of UFOs, a subject that he too was interested in. Not long into the conversation he asked "Don't you remember your mom saw a UFO when you went to Arizona that one summer?". To be honest, I didn't....at all. This incident totally left my mind over the years, but my friend was convinced there was a story there that I should check out.

Soon after that conversation ended I call my mom and I ask "Hey, I was just on the phone with Mike and he told me I should ask you about some UFO you saw when we went to Aunt Cathy's house in Gilbert Arizona the summer of 98'. She immediately responded "No! You're gonna make fun of me just like you and your father did when I told you the last time"

Ok, so now I feel bad. Apparently my mom saw something strange, and my father and I made fun of her to the point where she never brought it up again since the incident. I should mention my dad passed away not long after the incident. If he were alive today, I think he was also feel the same way. Further, I gave the story so little credibility I forgot all details over the past 23 years since the incident happened.

I then pressed her further. "Mom, I'm sorry, I've been seeing a lot of this UFO stuff in the news and I want to hear your story, in detail. And this time I won't make fun." Reluctantly she agreed. So here is what she tells me:

It was the afternoon, my father and I were out running errands, my brother (9 years old) and sister (7 years old) were running around in the backyard next to the in-ground pool. My mom was in the kitchen making lunch and shifting her attention back and forth between my siblings and the sandwiches she was making just to keep and eye on them that they're being safe. (The kitchen island had a great view of the backyard since my aunts house had floor to ceiling sliding glass doors.)

She's just about done making the first sandwich when she notices that my brother, who was running around like a wild man, is now just standing in the backyard looking straight up in there air. She doesn't really think anything of it at first. She finishes sandwich number two, and looks up and now both my brother and sister are stood still just starting at the sky. She thinks, that's odd, I wonder what they are looking at?

My mom then walks out to the backyard, and to her shock...and horror, no more that 1000 feet in the air, in the middle of the day, a classic UFO, 40-50 feet in diameter, saucer shaped, hovering silently.

She freaks the fuck out and brings my brother and sister inside. She immediately calls my dad and tells him what she just saw, he laughs and hangs up. She then goes to the glass door and they all just watch it. And it's just...hovering. Frankly it does nothing but that, just silently hovers, no moment, just suspended in the air. This goes on for about 2-3 minutes, then in about 2 seconds the craft shoots straight up and out of their view. That's the story.

What I find interesting about this whole event is two things. One, my mom isn't into science fiction, ghosts stories, conspiracy theories, anything that's fringe like that. She is an old school Italian immigrant with no reason to make up such a tall tale and stick to the story 23 years later. Outside the immediate family, she has told no one about this.

Second, my mom and brother had a bit of a falling out over the years and only talk if forced to. I asked him his side of the story separately and ever detail of the story was the same except for 1 thing. He saw the UFO come in, it came in from the east and stopped on a dime. He also said he has never see anything move that fast since the incident, like the way it moved looked almost fake.

This story is just a drop in the bucket as far as all the tales told about this phenomenon. But to me, it's the most compelling. Because I know the people telling the story, I've known them my whole life. The details are also very specific, it's not some "we saw lights floating at night" type of story. This happened in the middle of the day, no clouds, and my mom, brother, and sister all saw it.

This story, for me, turned me from skeptic to believer. It makes me think this is something other worldly, I don't think its our technology at all anymore. This phenomenon is real, and as far as who is behind it, I don't go down that rabbit hole. But, I can only speculate that it isn't us...at least I don't think so.

We need more evidence, we need more science, and we need to take some of these stories with a healthy amount of seriousness, as well as skepticism.

submitted by /u/RedditShmedit
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/ochnbr/my_familys_ufo_story/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die