UFOs on Toast
I'd like to share an opinion. To evaluate ideas sometimes I like to just swap words in and out and see if the new statement makes sense.
When it comes to UFOs, and the modern conversation, and all historical observations, the 'evidence' we have to work with is what people say (not actually evidence), grainy or low quality images (also not actually evidence) that emerge from such experiences, and nothing material.
Here's the statement that seems to emerge out this this thinking: 'I believe UFOs exist because many people say so, there's a long history of sightings, and I've seen images of this online.'. Let me know your thinking if this doesn't summarize it. I know some people have direct experience which this thinking does not cover.
Here's another statement just like it. 'I believe Jesus exists because many people say so, there's a long history of belief, and I've seen images of him on toast.'. I find this statement to be laughable.
I'm suggesting we demand higher standards, that we demand REAL EVIDENCE. Or it's just jesus on toast. Seeing something unexplainable, and then applying an explanation (not at all logical, I don't know therefore I know? a god of the gaps style argument) like ET or off-world is also parodelia.
Here's a message for Elizondo, Corbell, or anyone like them (yes even Sam Harris): Bring evidence. You're embarrassing yourself without it. You will never be taken seriously without it. You will ruin your reputation without it. Never ever present a blurry dot as anything other. Whatever you think you're up to, stop, and focus on gathering and providing evidence. If you can't because there isn't any - strategize with the public so we the people can gather evidence and analyze the data. Understand this is not impossible, if the govt can do it so can the public, we know this because the govt is actually staffed with everyday people.
There are simply no excuses for the sorry state of UFO storytelling at this current time.
People please, stop to consider just how outside the normal experience it would actually be to be visited by ETs. Not to argue it's impossible, but if the govt is really trying to convince the people this is it, the UFOs are here - you better be thinking straight and demanding the highest forms of evidence and analysis. If it can't be analyzed it isn't real (difficult isn't the same as can't). All material things leave evidence of their existence, it's just how reality works. You don't even need a craft, if UFOs exist, the evidence their existence leaves behind can be studied.
Consider the long history of fakes and frauds in UFOs.
The default position, when evidence is not provided, is that you are a FAKE and a FRAUD. No other perspective will yield the truth. Speculation will not yield the truth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evidence
My last gripe - The idea that it's mind blowing that the recent UAP report contains unexplained things, is silly, because the report is literally about unexplained events. It's not mind blowing that the report contains exactly what is in the title.
I love the UFO topic. It's so much fun. But I really wish it was more credible.
Join me in turning clowns into the jokes they are. Turn your bullshit detector up to 11 and join me in demanding better. :)
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/ol0yvj/ufos_on_toast/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen