Why Have ALL of the Prices & Taxes Been Raised on EVERYTHING?
I reside in Washington State, particularly in the Pierce County area, unsure of other cities in Washington, let alone, other States. But, just within the last week to two weeks, I've noticed an increase in Gas, Tobacco, Food (includes Drinks, Standard Items, Candy, Soda, Etc.), Rent, etc.
I went to my local convenient store roughly a week and a half ago, and I had $10 for a pack of cigarettes; $10 normally would cover the pack and leave me with generally $0.30-$0.60, give or take. However, when the cashier rang up the smokes, I noticed that I was approximately $0.26 short. The cashier then notifies my that there recently was a either a 10% or 15% tax increase on tobacco products. So, I went out to the car and got some change and came back in.
After having to come back in, and unfortunately wait in line again, I begin looking around at snack items, candy etc. and notice that those prices have had an increase as well. For example, these 'Little Debbie' muffins I enjoy snacking on are usually $0.49; I look at the price tag, they're no longer $0.49, they're now $0.99.
A few days ago, I go to my local grocery store to go shopping, and I'm in the dairy section about to grab some milk. I drink Organic Whole Milk, and the brand I get is usually $3.27/½Gallon; it's now $3.99/½Gallon.
I mean, you would *think that AFTER statewide shutdowns and the economy plummeting, that there wouldn't be tax increases and price increases, but, here we are!
Has anyone else been noticing this as well? Or is it just me?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/os29cb/why_have_all_of_the_prices_taxes_been_raised_on/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen