Encountered a weird glitch regarding bans and ban evasion (Back from 7 day Suspension)
I didn't get an opportunity to respond to a kind person who addressed one of my question and concern from last week. Basically, I asked them in a comment "why is it so important for me to get the shot if it's presently known that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people can catch and spread the virus?"
The person ackowledge that point, but went on to draw an analogy about drunk driving. People who get vaccinated are like sober drivers, while unvaccinated people are drunk drivers. Both groups can plow into pedestrians but the drunk driver is more likely to do so.
In this vein of logic, a vaccinated person is more likely to take the virus seriously by wearing masks and social distancing. That's basically the short version. I may follow-up after I re-read their comment so that I can verify that I understand where they are coming from. The person was exceptionally polite in contrast to other experience that I've had with people on the same side of the argument so I don't want to be combative or even have a "gotcha."
I just kinda like want to hash out the details that are relevant to each of us and try to arrive at some common-ground. Bonus points if I can get them to genuinely reconsider their position but in fairness, I must be willing to do the same.
Now, regarding the title:
Months ago I posted some comments to c-vaccinated (the subreddit) and in one instance I wrote a moderately rude response. Something along the lines of "tough shit". Someone was bitching about people who were choosing not to get the shot and I was just like "so what tough shit".
In retrospect, I wish I didn't do that because it wasn't constructive and I provoked the mods to ban me.
A day later, I commented from another account (my mistake for not using an from a unique IP or via VPN) and got suspended on both accounts for evading the ban.
Fast-forward months later. I didn't comment to that sub, but I got a new notification saying that my comment on that sub was 'upvoted". Within an hour of that notification I received a new ban and then received a ban a day later on my second account for evading a ban.
If I had posted a new comment, that would make sense but I did not. So it appears that just by someone interacting with my old comment (upvoting it), that somehow triggered the ban or ban-evasion detector.
No big deal, just wanted to share in case something similar happens. It might be prudent for me to scrub old comments from that sub and block myself from viewing it. I still wish to read the content, but I can do that by logging-out or using another account exclusively over VPN.
Whatever account is used from a VPN, it would have to be one that I never sign-in from without the VPN or one that I never use from a behind an IP that this account already regularly tied to.
If anyone has any thoughts or questions, shoot.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/p4fv1u/encountered_a_weird_glitch_regarding_bans_and_ban/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen