Sightings in Massachusetts, 1970s
I’ll start off by saying that I’m very heavily undecided on UFOs, in that while I very emphatically accept and support the existence as a phenomenon, I know not, nor claim any theory regarding the origins. I’ve recently been reading the work of J Alan Hynek, as well as projects Signs, Grudge, and Bluebook. I know that in the 1900s, reported sightings were seldom not published or at least talked about in communities. My story comes from my mother. Between 1972-75 (she can’t remember the year, she vacationed to Cape Cod every year as a child) she and 7 other children witnessed a saucer shaped object in the sky, spinning, low flying, with square windows around the circumference of the object. All windows were lit but one, and all of the children (now grown) confirm this. My mother, is, above all things, a realist, and the skeptics skeptic. I study folklore, and she never fails to voice how ridiculous all of my studies are in origin. However, she stands heavily by what she saw, and attempts to explain it away, but never can give herself, or us, a satisfactory explanation. Truth be told, she’s a bit embarrassed by the story. I’m new to UFO studies, and don’t know where to find regionalized info on UFO sightings, much less from 25 years before I was born. Does anyone know of any sightings or odd occurrences from the Cape Cod or Massachusetts area that might explain this, or at least explore it? Or does anyone know where I can search for them? Was there blimp or airship activity in Massachusetts in the 70s? Any help is appreciated
Edit: spelling
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/p0if45/sightings_in_massachusetts_1970s/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen