Interdimensional hypothesis: resources?
I'm new(ish) to the UAP thing -- like many, I got into this casually around the time of the big NYT article, and have since gone down the standard rabbit hole of books/documentaries/podcasts. Anyway, I keep hearing about this idea that instead of being from a distant planet, the phenomenon is evidence of something from some alternate "dimension" or reality that overlaps ours -- this came up recently here in the excellent "Lue's clues" post, for instance.
I have to confess, I really feel like I'm missing something whenever I hear this. Nobody seems to have a good handle on what this overlapping yet invisible reality is, or "where" it exists. It's always hand-waved away.
So all this said, I have a few questions:
- It seems to make a lot more sense to me that the phenomenon is, in fact, aliens from another planet, but that they are able to travel space-time in an instant. In other words, the "alternate reality" that we can't see is a literal actual other planet (probably a bunch of them), and they can get here via portal or craft. In this scenario, all you have to imagine is something like wormholes, vs. dreaming up some overlapping "dimension." What am I missing, tho?
- Is there a link to a video, podcast, article, etc. that steelmans the interdimensional hypothesis?
- Related to this, I often hear it floated that this is somehow an intelligence or reality that is indigenous to earth. Like it's some kind of earthbound or earth-originating thing. But is this not essentially bringing us back to earth and humanity being the center of the universe, again?
I guess I just don't see what either the interdimensional hypothesis or the idea of the phenomenon being a single intelligence that's trying to tell us something buys us, in terms of explanatory power. (And yes, I have read Jacques Vallee.) All of the things that are usually pointed out to support the interdimensional hypothesis and the "it's an intelligence that's manipulating us" hypothesis seem to me to be much more easily explained by a vanilla "it's space aliens from another planet" hypothesis plus the following abilities/powers:
- Instantaneously traverse space-time, via craft and/or portal
- Multiple different aliens with different agendas, appearances, powers, norms, whatever, coming through here. (Maybe there are one or two races that kind of "own" this region, so if you come through here you're limited to what you can do to the planet and its inhabitants, but otherwise can poke around.)
- Many of the species have the ability to manipulate human consciousness
- The only thing all of these alien groups have in common is FTL travel via some form of space-time/gravity manipulation, and FTL travel is related somehow to deeper questions of consciousness and how it acts in and on the world. (I.e., I imagine that these craft are more properly thought of as psychic prosthetics, sort of like Cerebro in the X-Men, where they just amplify the aliens' ability to manipulate space-time.
Sorry for the brain dump, but I'm just trying to understand the attraction of the interdimensional thing. It just seems to punt all the mystery into some black box ("another dimension"), and it doesn't seem to offer much in return. But again, maybe there's a book everyone has read that I haven't.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/pl3rb2/interdimensional_hypothesis_resources/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen