My wife and her sister are going to get vaccinated. So am I. My reasoning as to why.
First off, don't expect a conventional decision that will please anyone. Why not?
Because I took in a whole bunch of information, looked at both sides the best I could... and came up with what I consider to be the best compromise. One, dare I say, worthy of a diplomat.
Why compromise?
Because my relationship with my wife means a lot to me. We have to get along. And I want her to be safe, but also to not make a mistake.
My concerns.
Many of the vaccines out there make use of a technique that instructs your cells to manufacture a foreign antigen. The manufacturers are legally protected from being taken to court over any problems with these vaccines. And there doesn't seem to be a lengthy, well established track record to indicate long term safety.
On the other hand...
What if the Ivermectin side is wrong? I've seen so many promising reports about IVM and how much it helps treat covid. But there's a flip side. If we see the appearance of vaccine resistant strains of covid, we may eventually see drug resistant strains of covid as well. This is one possibility that the IVM, anti-vax side has not considered.
I haven't seen any indications of IVM resistant covid as of yet. But that's no guarantee that it isn't possible or won't occur in the future.
People don't trust the vaccine and maybe they shouldn't really rely so heavily on antiviral drugs to treat covid. So this is a bit like being between a rock and a hard place.
Now for the compromise.
We have 3 vaccines available to select from. J&J, Astra Zeneca and Sinopharm's BIBP COVID-19 vaccine.
We're gonna go with Sinopharm. Why?
Because of the compromise I was talking about earlier. I don't want to rely exclusively on a drug. But I don't like the idea of my cells making viral spike proteins.
And Sinopharm is an much more traditional, inactivated viral particle vaccine. It's very similar to the shots most of us have had as kids. So that gets me around the spike protein issue.
Performance sounds like a compromise...
A large multi-country Phase 3 trial has shown that 2 doses, administered at an interval of 21 days, have an efficacy of 79% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection 14 or more days after the second dose. Vaccine efficacy against hospitalization was 79%.
Now 79% sounds like a lot less than the mid 90's advertised for the mRNA shots. But the Sinopharm vaccine ought to stimulate the production of a range of antibodies against a much broader variety of viral antigens. Contrast this with mRNA or viral vector shots, which produce an intense, but narrowly focused immunity against a single antigen (that external spike protein).
mRNA is like a laser, and Sinopharm is like a searchlight. Less precisely focused and less intense... but perhaps a better coverage against variants.
I've been accused of being antivax and attacked for it numerous times. But these same people never took the time to listen to what I've been saying. Yes, I'm hesitant... about a very new technique... not vaccination itself.
And I'm not jumping on the vaxx bandwagon to start trashing anyone else's preferred form of treatment.
I've also got a bottle of Ivm, plus actively supplementing daily with vitamin D, zinc and vitamin C.
After getting the shot, I plan on keeping up with my Zinc, D and healthy eating. Probably I'll keep the ivm around... but only as a last resort.
tldr; This is what I'm doing and why I've chosen to do so. It's a compromise and I think people should be free to disagree. Right now, for me and my family, this is what looks like the optimum course of action re: perceived risk/benefit for us.
Let me know what you think. Pro and anti-vaxxers, feel free to comment. But please let's all keep it civilized.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/ptfbz0/my_wife_and_her_sister_are_going_to_get/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen