New “Facebook Groups” commercial pandering to spiritual crowd
Just came across this commercial for Facebook Groups, and apparently now they’re trying to target some kind of “woke, new-agey” demographic. It honestly made my blood boil a little bit and I wanted to know what you all think.
I guess part of why it irritates me so much is that it highlights how some spiritual ideas seem to have become “trendy” and I’m not sure how I feel about it. Many people I see touting these ideas on social media don’t seem to approach the topics with any kind of reverence or nuance or acknowledgment of the original teachings/sources of information. But on the other hand I’m glad so many people are approaching it with an open mind and maybe I’m just being gatekeep-y.
But the bigger problem for me is that the Facebook marketing folks have picked up on the trendiness of it all, and are bastardizing it even further by trying to affiliate it with a product - let alone one that is often so toxic and has the potential to even be harmful to one’s spirit.
Anyways I’m interested to know what you make of it. Is it as gross as I perceive it to be or am I blowing it out of proportion?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/pjoc5t/new_facebook_groups_commercial_pandering_to/
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen