Are we already transitioning into cyborgs?

Think about it, as adults we are constantly looking at screens, physically attached to our phones, milliseconds away from instantaneous answers to all of our questions. As kids, some as young as toddlers, we're now given smart devices to "shut us up", encouraging a reliance on such things at a stunningly young age. People are connecting in person less and less, and it's getting more and more awkward to even stand in the same room as another human without whipping out a cellphone.

How long until we fuse with this tech? I know some of us already have, taking the first steps towards a future where it's normalized. I truly feel like so many of us are already fused with this tech, it may not be surgically implanted, but the levels of addiction I'm feeling towards my phone and devices is staggering. I know I'm not alone.

This detachment from reality is quickly becoming normal, talk to any middle class 9 year old about their hobbies and I guarantee Minecraft will be brought up first, not Lego. They will tell you they want to be game designers when they grow up. You will see them watching streamers, who have all the cool $$$ add-ons, making them jealous/sad they don't have that cool skin or level unlocked, microtransactions are prevalent. We're creating a generation of little cyborgs already that cannot and will not put down their devices unless bribed.

Worst of all, the constant barrage of advertisements coming off them. Buy this, subscribe to that, help us with this cause, donate to that kid playing video games with 99% of his time. It's nauseating. It won't be long until we are all living in a dystopian future where our lives are dictated by one of 100 billionaires at any given moment throughout your day. Hell, we're already there.

submitted by /u/weavingcomebacks
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/C_S_T/comments/q3fqr3/are_we_already_transitioning_into_cyborgs/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die