Report of an UAP in 1846 by a frigate captain

Here is the translated report of a sighting by a brazilian frigate captain of an UAP near Assuncion, Paraguay in 1846. I thought you guys may find it interesting.

During the expedition of the gunboats from Cuiabá to the city of Asunción, under the command of the frigate captain Augusto Leverger, he observed an extraordinary meteorological phenomenon that he describes as follows:

Tonight I observed a phenomenon such as I had never seen before. At 5:57 a.m., with a perfectly clear sky, calm, thermometer 60º F [15º C], a luminous globe instantly described a curve of about 30º, towards NNW. The direction made angles of approximately 75º and 105º with the horizon, the acute one opening on the western side.

It left a band of light 5° or 6° long and 30° to 35° wide, in which three bodies could be distinguished whose brightness was much brighter than that of the band, and equaled, if not exceeded, in intensity that of the full moon in clear weather. They were superimposed and separated from each other. The middle one had an almost circular appearance; the bottom one looked like a 120° segment of a circle with broken end rays; the shape of the top one was an irregular quadrilateral; the largest dimension of the discs would be 20° to 25°. Finally above them could be seen a very faint zigzag-shaped streak of light about 3° wide and 5° or 6° long. The angular height of the large band above the horizon seemed to be 8° (for fear of missing some circumstance of the phenomenon I did not use the instrument to measure these dimensions).

Everything went down with no more apparent speed than the stars at sunset, but the luminous globes changed their appearance, taking on an elliptical shape that became flatter and flatter, and blurred until they looked like little clouds. The large band tilted to the N until it was almost horizontal, but the zigzag always kept the same direction. After 25' everything disappeared, and there was not the slightest sign of disturbance in the atmosphere.

In the city of Asunción, I talked to the Brazilian minister and several other people who witnessed this, for all of us, unique apparition.

There was no mistake, because he referred the observation to a wall whose azimuth was easy to verify, and this direction was close to NWW, making therefore an angle of 45° with the NNW, which I had noticed.

I submitted to trigonometric calculation this enormous parallax combined with the geographical positions of Asunción and the place where I observed it, and found that the phenomenon must have occurred in the atmospheric region and only 59 leagues away from Asunción.

- Augusto João Manuel Leverger, Gazeta Official do Império do Brasil, November 26, 1846, vol. I, n. 74, p. 295.

Original post in portuguese here by u/giovaninikola, link to the 1846 newspaper here, by u/luizgonzaga4178

I flaired this as news because it was published in a newspaper, despite being in 1846. (So, not exactly "new")

submitted by /u/smegma_yogurt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/qedwlk/report_of_an_uap_in_1846_by_a_frigate_captain/

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

What does "src usa" mean?

Mark Passio's A.R.K (Amazing Repository of Knowledge) Available For Download

If there is a Marek's disease scenario due to the leaky vaccine being promoted, that will mean every human will need a shot or will die